Time: 3 hours
Yield: 24 pieces
- 2-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 package Momma's Tzatziki Spice Mix
- 1/3 cups olive oil
- Combine yeast, sugar, and 1-1/2 cups warm water in a bowl. Wait 5-10 minutes to allow yeast to activate.
- While yeast is activating, combine all purpose flour, salt, and tzatziki spice mix in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, using the dough hook attachment. Mix for 30 seconds to allow dry ingredients to combine.
- Add the activated yeast to the dry ingredients and knead with the dough hook on medium speed. Slowly add ¾ cup of warm water until mixture is fully wet and forms around the dough hook. If mixture is too wet, add a small amount of flour. Let knead for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, oiling the top of the dough ball as well. Tightly wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and allow dough to rise, doubling in size, for 1 hour.
- When the dough ball has doubled in size, transfer the dough to a well-oiled baking sheet and press the dough down to cover the pan. Tightly cover the baking sheet in plastic wrap and allow to rise in the pan for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Carefully remove plastic wrap and poke dimples into the dough. Drizzle the dough with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the middle rack of oven or until top of bread is golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool in pan before transferring to a cutting board to slice into squares.